We want to lead and support improvement in Wales by creating an environment of working together and developing new relationships across the Welsh public service.
Our purpose is to build confidence in the workforce, and lead and support improvement in social care.
Social Care Wales:
- sets standards for the care and support workforce, making them accountable for their work
- develops the workforce so they have the knowledge and skills to protect, empower and support those who need help
- works with others to improve services for areas agreed as a national priority
- sets priorities for research to collect evidence of what works well
- shares good practice with the workforce so they can provide the best response
- provides information on care and support for the public, the workforce and other organisations.