We work with people who use care and support services, and organisations to lead improvement in social care. We’re committed to working in a way that’s collaborative and inclusive.
Our aim is to make sure people in Wales can call on a high-quality social care workforce that provides services to fully meet their needs.
Social Care Wales:
- sets standards for the care and support workforce, making them accountable for their work
- develops the workforce so they have the knowledge and skills to provide the best care and support
- works with others to improve services for areas seen as a priority, such as care and support in people’s homes
- sets priorities for research to collect evidence of what works well
- shares good practice with the workforce so they can provide the best care
- provides information on care and support for the public, the workforce and other organisations.