Our purpose is to build confidence in the workforce, and lead and support improvement in social care.
Social Care Wales:
- sets standards for the care and support workforce, making them accountable for their work
- develops the workforce so they have the knowledge and skills to protect, empower and support those who need help
- works with others to improve services for areas agreed as a national priority
- sets priorities for research to collect evidence of what works well
- shares good practice with the workforce so they can provide the best response
- provides information on care and support for the public, the workforce and other organisations.
Making a positive difference to social care in Wales
This is our first impact report. The report looks at some of our main areas of work in 2017-18. It shows how we have worked with people and organisations to support the Welsh public service.
You will find links within the report which will take you to more detailed reports about the work.