The Code says social care workers must:
- Respect your views and put your needs first.
- Gain your trust and confidence.
- Help you be safe and healthy.
- Respect your rights while keeping you and other people safe.
- Be honest with you.
- Make sure they have the knowledge and skills to do their job well.
If you feel you’re not getting the right standard of care you can:
- Read the Code to check all the standards.
- Share your concerns with your care worker’s employer and ask what they will do.
- If the employer doesn’t address you concerns, you can ask for a copy of their complaints procedure to help you know what to do next.
- If the worker is registered with us and talking to the employer hasn’t helped, talk to someone in our fitness to practise team.
- If you’re concerned about the standard of care provided by a company or organisation, contact Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW).
The Code contains a lot of important information for workers on how to do their jobs well. We’ve made sure that different versions are available to make it easier for everyone to access. Browse our Code of Practice resource collection.
We also have a leaflet explaining what standards to expect.