We want to make sure that you, your family and carers know about the Code. The standards are there to help make sure you have the support you need to live your life, in the way you want.
The Code says that social care workers must:
- Respect your views and put your needs first.
- Gain your trust and confidence.
- Help you be safe and healthy.
- Respect your rights while keeping you and other people safe.
- Be honest with you.
- Make sure they have the knowledge and skills to do their job well.
If you feel you’re not getting the right standard of care you can:
- Read the Code to find out how social care workers should and shouldn't behave.
- Talk to your worker’s employer, share your concerns that the Code isn’t being met and ask them how they will address your concerns.
- If you’re still not happy and your concerns haven't been dealt with, ask for a copy of their complaints procedure to guide you on what to do next.
- If you’re still concerned and the worker is registered with us, contact our fitness to practise team.
- If you’re concerned about the standard of care provided by a company or organisation, contact Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW).
The Code contains a lot of important information for workers on how to do their jobs well. We’ve made sure that different versions are available to make it easier for everyone to access. Browse our Code of Practice resource collection.