The consultation can be completed via our online survey
The Social Care Induction Framework (SCIF) has been reviewed and revised every four years since 2001; the last review took place in 2012. There have been many changes across the social care workforce in recent years that relate to national and local changes in strategy, policy and practice. As a result, the content of the SCIF is outdated and not consistent with that of the Social Services and Well-Being (Wales) Act. Therefore, this review is timely to reflect these changes and to ensure that the new induction framework is fit for purpose.
Key proposed changes are:
• Title to be changed to ‘Health and Social Care Induction Framework’
• New sections for health and well-being
• Changes to language to reflect Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 and other key current policy and guidance
• Changes made to reflect the requirements set out in A Place to Call Home: A Review into the Quality of Life and Care of Older People living in Care Homes in Wales
• Period of time to complete the whole Induction Framework extended to 6 months with key sections identified for completion within first 12 weeks.
The Social Care Induction Framework consultation document
Draft induction section for employers and workers.
The seven progress logs.