Update to practice guidance for social care workers
To make sure they remain fit for purpose we have reviewed the practice guidance for:
- social care managers
- social workers
- residential child care workers
The main changes are to:
- make the language clear using plain English
- ensure the guidance is consistent with new legislation
- include information about Code of Practice for Social Care Employers
- ensure consistency, where necessary, across guidance.
This consultation is an opportunity for you to have a say about the changes and to offer any other comments. We are also keen to find out how you use the guidance in your role.