Removal by Agreement means that through this process, a registered person can apply to be removed from the Register without being referred to a Panel.
The decision to agree to the application is made at a Case Conference. A registered person can apply for this at any stage in the fitness to practise process.
Applying for removal by agreement does not mean that a registered person has the right to be removed, but it enables Social Care Wales to agree to removal in an appropriate case.
The decision whether to agree the application is made taking into account whether the allegation involves exceptional public interest issues.
- Mr Lance Ronald Scheurer ('Mr Scheurer) is registered with Social Care Wales (SCW) as a Residential Child Care Worker and Domiciliary Care Worker.
- He was employed by Mears Care on 23 September 2019 as a Domiciliary Care Field Supervisor (Visiting Officer)
Whilst registered as a Residential Child Care Worker and as a Domiciliary Care Worker and employed by Mears Care:
(1) On 18 September 2019 you attempted to take property belonging to Individual A
- On 18 September 2019, when attending an individual service user in her home, Mr Scheurer was caught on video camera rummaging through the pockets of a coat belonging to the service user.
- On 23 September 2019, Mr Scheurer was interviewed by his employer. At that time, he provided an explanation that he had seen a spider on the coats, which he had noticed when leaving the property. He also said that he had brushed the coats as they had cobwebs on them and that he had placed a tissue back in one of the pockets. The explanation was not accepted and Mr Scheurer was dismissed from his employment.
(2) Your conduct in charge 1 was dishonest
- Mr Scheurer admits that his conduct in charge 1 was dishonest.
- Mr Scheurer confirms his agreement to the facts set out in this statement.
- Mr Scheurer confirms that it is not his intention to work in the future in any capacity which would require him to be registered by SCW and that he wishes his name to be removed from SCW's register by agreement under Rule 9 of the Investigation Rules 2020. This statement of agreed facts has been prepared for that purpose.
- If, contrary to his expressed intention, Mr Scheurer should make an application for registration with SCW at a future date, he acknowledges that SCW will have regard to the contents of this statement when considering such an application.