Informing prospective employers
1. You MUST inform the following individuals/organisations that you have conditions imposed on your registration under the Social Care Wales Fitness to Practise procedures and disclose the conditions to them:
(a) Any organisation or person employing, contracting with, or using you to undertake social work or social care work;
(b) Any social care agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with (at the time of application);
(c) Any prospective social care employer (at the time of application);
(d) Any educational establishment at which you are undertaking a course connected with social work or social care, or any such establishment to which you apply to take such a course (at the time of application).
2. You must inform Social Care Wales within 5 working days of accepting any social work/social care appointment (whether paid or unpaid) which requires registration with Social Care Wales and provide Social Care Wales with contact details of the new employer, the job title of the role you have accepted, and the address of your new place of work.
3. Within 5 working days of accepting any social care/work appointment, you must also provide a signed (by your manager) written confirmation from your new employer that they are aware of the condition/s imposed and that they are willing to support you to comply with the conditions.
Notifying SCW of any future professional investigation and/or any criminal investigation
4. You must inform Social Care Wales of any professional investigation started against you and / or any professional disciplinary proceedings taken against you within 2 days of you receiving notice of them.
5. You must inform Social Care Wales if you are arrested and/or charged for any offence within 2 working days.
6. When working as a social care worker, you must remain under the supervision of a workplace line manager, mentor or supervisor nominated by your employer for the duration of this interim order.
7. Formal recorded supervision meetings must be held on a weekly basis for a period of six months and bi-weekly thereafter whilst these conditions remain in force.
(a) The supervision meetings should include consideration of:
(i) the Code of Professional Practice for Social Care and its impact upon your day-to-day work and your behaviour outside the workplace;
(ii) your compliance with your employer’s policies and procedures;
(iii) consideration of your well-being and the impact of any stress that you may be experiencing either within the workplace or outside of work.
8. You must provide Social Care Wales with a copy of your manager’s/manager’s/supervisor’s signed record of each supervision meeting, within 10 days of the meeting taking place.
9. If the manager/mentor/supervisor changes you should submit a written confirmation (on headed paper) signed by your new manager/mentor/supervisor to the Fitness to Practise Officer that states clearly that they are aware of the condition/s to be adhered to and that they support the compliance of the conditions.
Additional enquiries by Social Care Wales
10. You must consent to Social Care Wales communicating with your manager/mentor/supervisor or another representative of your employer to exchange, as necessary information about your performance/behaviour.