Exploring the relevance to practice in Wales of an International Study on Promoting Positive Parenting
The aim of this conference is to explore the relevance to practice in Wales of findings from an international study by ISPCAN about promoting positive parenting. It also aims to identify practical ways of improving parenting practice to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people in Wales.
This event is aimed at:
- professionals who co-ordinate and manage parenting support services
- professionals who work directly with children and families from health, social work, early years, early intervention services, education, and the independent and voluntary sector
- professionals with a responsibility for planning and commissioning services to promote child health and well-being, positive parenting and the prevention of child maltreatment
- co-ordinators on public service boards in Wales
- educators and researchers working in the field of positive parenting and the prevention of child maltreatment.
The speakers include:
- Huw Irranca-Davies AM, Minister for Children and Social Care
- Professor Jane Barlow, Oxford University
- Dr Anton Bentovim, Child and Family Training
- Jenny Gray OBE, ISPCAN
- Enid Hendry, BASPCAN
- Des Mannion, NSPCC Cymru/Wales
- Catriona Williams OBE, Children in Wales.