Join us between 9 and 16 November for a festival of information and events to support the early years and childcare sector in Wales.
The theme for the festival is strengthening and championing learning within the early years and childcare workforce.
We'll be starting things off with our virtual early years and childcare conference on 9 November. Throughout the week we'll be offering daily insights through our 'resource roundup' emails and the festival will close with our twilight session on 16 November.
The festival is open to anyone who works with or is involved in early years and childcare, including tutors, local authorities and learners.
Register for the festival through the Eventbrite link below. You will also have the option of registering for our conference and twilight session.
Once you've registered you’ll receive a daily 'resource roundup' e-mail with useful information to support you in your role. There will be a different focus each day.
- Wednesday, 9 November: Early years and childcare conference
- Thursday, 10 November: Focus on recruitment and retention
- Friday, 11 November: World kindness day
- Monday 14 November: Play
- Tuesday 15 November: Curriculum and qualification
- Wednesday 16 November: Twilight event
Childcare and early years conference
The conference will be held through Zoom from 9:30am to 1:15pm on 9 November.
The guest speakers are:
- Julie Morgan MS, Deputy Minister for Social Services
- Rocio Cifuentes MBE, the Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- Chantelle Haughton, Diversity and anti-racist professional
- Glenda Tinney of the University of Wales Trinity St David.
There will also be a guest panel to answer your questions.
Sign-up for our virtual twilight session on 16 November to hear from a registered childminder and to join a session that focuses on and parents and carers.
If you have any questions, please email us at EYCC@socialcare.wales or ask on the day.