If you're visiting the National Eisteddfod this year, stop by Social Care Wales's stand at S08.
You can meet our staff, find out more about what we do and tell us what you think about social care in Wales. We’ll be serving Welsh cakes and refreshments between 3 and 4pm each day, and seeking your views about your local community, too
We’re also hosting two events at the Eisteddfod:
Caring for people, caring for community
On 9 August at 2.30pm, Gerry Evans, our Director of Regulation and Intelligence, will be chairing a panel discussion in WCVA's marquee. The question they will be discussing is 'The Welsh Government wants communities to play a greater role in providing care and support to people – but do they have the capacity?'
The speakers include:
- Chris Johnes, Building Communities Trust
- Alwyn Rhys Jones, Head of Adult Social Care, Anglesey
- Llinos Mair Roberts, Chief Officer, Carers Outreach Service
Creative tension: care, media and the arts
On 11 August at 2pm, our Chair Arwel Ellis Owen will host a discussion about social care in the arts in Cardiff University's marquee. The panel will discuss 'How is care portrayed on TV and in the theatre? What more can be done to make positive connections between care and culture?'
The panel features:
- Aled Jones, School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University
- Llion Williams, actor, Belonging/Perthyn, Chwalfa, C’mon Midffild
- Llion Iwan, Head of Content Distribution, S4C
If you're interested in attending either event, please contact Ceri Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.