If you’re visiting the Royal Welsh Show in Llanelwedd this year, stop by our stand at C191.
You can find out what we do, see what the world is like for a person with dementia with our virtual reality headset and take part in our poll about working in social care and child care. Share your story about social care in Wales and you could be in with a chance of winning a tablet, too!
Plus we’ll be having tea and Welsh cakes on the stand every day from 3 to 4pm. And there’ll be a chance for you to take part in a Dementia Friends session and to chat with our care ambassadors to find out what it’s really like to work in care.
The Dementia Friends sessions and care ambassador talks will take place at:
- 1-3pm, 24 July: Care ambassador talk
- 11-11.30am, 25 July: Dementia Friends session
- 3-3.30pm, 25 July: Dementia Friends session
- 11am-1pm, 26 July: Care ambassador talk
Loneliness and isolation event
On Wednesday, 25 July we’ll be hosting an event from midday in the Lantra building.
We will be discussing loneliness and isolation, particularly in rural communities, with:
- Claire O’Shea, Campaign to End Loneliness
- Claire Morgan, Carers Wales
- Emma Sullivan, Children in Wales
- Richard Palmer, Dewis Cymru
- Richie Maiorano, Alzheimer’s Society Cymru
Due to limited space, you’ll need to tell us if you’d like to attend. So, please email Alun Franks at firstname.lastname@example.org.