Dewiswch iaith i ddefnyddio'r wefan.
Select a language to use the website.
Cymraeg English
Site accessibility
There is a Code of Professional Practice for Employers. It requires employers of social care workers to provide information to us and make referrals.

How to make a referral

If you want to make a referral about a social care worker please email or contact us on 02920 780545 to discuss your concerns.

Compromise agreements

When there’s a duty to refer a worker to us, you should, even if a compromise agreement has been signed. We don’t need details about any money paid but we do need to know the reasons for the compromise agreement.

When writing the agreement, make it clear that any confidentiality clause doesn’t apply to information passed to us.

We do share information with other regulatory bodies and partner agencies when needed. When we share information we follow the Data Protection Act 1998.

We may also release information for:

  • a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998 (need to wait for details of new Data Protection Act)
  • a freedom of information request.

If you think someone is working or calling themselves a social worker, and they don’t have the required qualifications or registration; you should contact us immediately.