The fitness to practise process considers whether the registered person has the skills, knowledge and character to practise safely and effectively. Here is information for members of the public who want to raise a concern about a social care worker.
We will look at:
- professional performance
- actions which may impact on public protection
- actions which may impact public confidence in social care.
We won't look at:
- a social care worker that isn’t registered with us
- information about services or resources, like the amount of day care someone receives
- a complaint about an organisation
- a case that’s in court
- if there’s an ongoing police investigation
- a complaint where the conduct happened more than five years before referral, except where there are public interest concerns.
If you think that a person is working or calling themselves a social worker, and they don’t have the required qualifications or are not registration you should contact us immediately on 02920 780545