The fitness to practise process considers whether the registered person has the skills, knowledge and character to practise safely and effectively. Here is information for members of the public who want to raise a concern about a social care worker.

How to make a complaint

If you want to make a complaint about a social care worker please download a copy of the form below and email it to or contact us on 02920 780545 to discuss your concerns.

We will look at:

  • professional performance
  • actions which may impact on public protection
  • actions which may impact public confidence in social care.

We won't look at:

  • a social care worker that isn’t registered with us
  • information about services or resources, like the amount of day care someone receives
  • a complaint about an organisation
  • a case that’s in court
  • if there’s an ongoing police investigation
  • a complaint where the conduct happened more than five years before referral, except where there are public interest concerns.

If you think that a person is working or calling themselves a social worker, and they don’t have the required qualifications or are not registration you should contact us immediately. 

Sharing information

We share information with other regulatory bodies and partner agencies.

We may do this if we consider it appropriate. When we share information we follow the Data Protection Act 1998. We may also release information for:

  • a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998
  • a freedom of information request.