What is the All Wales Induction Framework for Health and Social Care?
The All Wales Induction Framework for Health and Social Care is for health and social care workers who are new to the sector, new to their organisation or new to their job role.
It covers the principles and values, knowledge and skills workers need to carry out their role competently at this stage of their development.
The new framework is available now and will replace the Social Care Induction Framework (SCIF) from April 2018.
How will the framework help workers?
It will help workers to:
- understand their role – what is required of them and what support can be expect
- get to know their working environment and the important information they need to do their job well
- get to know their colleagues and develop good working relationships
- understand how they can best support those they will be working with
What does the framework include?
There are seven sections in this new framework. They are:
- Sections 1 and 2: Principles and values of health and social care (adults or children and young people)
- Sections 3 and 4: Health and well-being (adults or children and young people)
- Section 5: Professional practice as a health and social care worker (adults and children and young people)
- Section 6: Safeguarding individuals (adults and children and young people)
- Section 7: Health and safety in health and social care (adults and children and young people)
Progress logs and workbooks
Each section has a progress log and workbook
- Progress logs record the achievement of learning outcomes for each section
- Workbooks that include case studies, films and written questions to support learning
Supporting resources and guidance
- Introduction and guidance for managers and workers
- Glossary to provide some definitions of the terms used
- Useful links and resources to support learning
- Completion certificate to evidence learning
Will the new framework replace the Social Care Induction Framework (SCIF)?
Yes. From April 2018 the Social Care Induction Framework (SCIF) will no longer be available. If you or a worker has completed or in the process of completing SCIF, you have until the end of September 2018 to do so.
The Level 2 Award
The Level 2 Award in Social Care Induction qualification, which is the knowledge element of the SCIF is still available to complete until September 2019.