Information on the certification process and how we certify through the Apprenticeship Certification Wales (ACW) system.
What is our role in certification?
Our role is to:
- check evidence
- make sure it meets the required standards
- print and send certificates to learning providers to give to apprentices.
We do this through the ACW website.
Apprenticeship Certification Wales (ACW)
This system makes it possible for training providers to:
- apply for apprenticeship certificates
- meet all the rules and quality assurance requirements.
You can also find:
- requirements for each framework
- archived frameworks
- keep up to date with framework developments.
What do training providers need to do?
If you’re a training provider and want to register your centre:
- Go to the ACW website.
- Click the ‘Provider: Need to register on ACW?’ link.
- Complete the centre registration page.
- Wait for a confirmation email from us.
Framework evidence checklist
Below are three evidence checklists for learning providers to use whilst certifying apprenticeships on ACW. They are for frameworks in:
- Health and Social Care level 2 and 3
- CCLD level 2 and 3
- Professional Frameworks level 5.
There is also an FAQ document on certification and the ACW transferable Skills document. The Transferable Skills document is for those starting an apprenticeship on or after 14 October 2016
Apprenticeship Frameworks online (AFO)
On the Apprenticeship Frameworks Online (AFO) website you can find:
- Requirements for each framework
- Archived frameworks
- Keep up to date with framework developments.
Health and Social Care and Children's Care Learning and Development (CCLD) framework
These frameworks offer the best training for social care and child care workers. They also meet the Welsh Government apprenticeship standards.
This means they include qualifications to improve the literacy and numeracy support staff to be professional and meet the needs of people using services.
For up to date frameworks and information, go to the Apprenticeship Framework Online (AFO) website.