How the AWIF will help workers
The AWIF will help workers to:
- understand their role – what is required of them and what support can be expect
- get to know their working environment and the important information they need to do their job well
- get to know their colleagues and develop good working relationships
- understand how they can best support those they will be working with.
Watch this short video where social care workers, those responsible for delivering induction, managers, carers and people who use services explain the importance of a good, robust induction.
What is included in the AWIF
There are seven sections to the AWIF, each section contains progress logs and workbooks.
The progress logs should be used to record the achievement of learning outcomes for each section.
The workbooks can be used to support the learner to gather the evidence needed to complete the progress logs. The workbooks include case studies, films and written questions to support learning.
Supporting resources and guidance
There are resources and guidance available to support managers and workers to complete the AWIF.
Supporting you to implement the AWIF
The briefing pack;
- explains what the AWIF is and what is included in it
- demonstrates the types of workbook answers that can be expected from workers
- explains the changes to qualifications
- explains the requirements for registration
- systematically shows how induction, the core qualification, the practice qualification and registration all fits together.
How to complete the Principles and Values Award online
Workers can now complete The Principles and Values Award online.
The award is based on the first two sections of the AWIF and includes a workbook and an online multi choice question test. The online version can be completed by workers who work with adults or with children and young people.
Workers who have completed the L2 Award in Social Care Induction
We have identified which areas of learning are included in the AWIF if employees have already completed the L2 Award in Social Care Induction.
This ensures that prior learning is recognised and to avoid duplication of learning.
More information on the AWIF
Here are some frequently asked questions to support the implementation of the AWIF. This document is reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
If you can't find the answer you are looking for Contact us, we will help you.