The Welsh Government would like your views about the draft regulations. The amendments:
- establish a two-stage process for assessing and approving prospective adopters
- reduce the required time for adoption agencies to pass the details of prospective adopters and children who are to be adopted to the Adoption Register for Wales.
- enable ‘authorised officers’ to witness the consent of a parent or guardian to placement or adoption orders, where the parent or guardian lives outside Wales or England.
During the consultation period the Welsh Government will be holding information events:
- 6 November 2018 in Cardiff
- 8 November 2018 in Wrexham
For further details please contact: RISCAct2016@gov.wales
The consultation closes on 9 January 2019.