What are the Accolades?
The Accolades are the biennial awards that recognise, celebrate and share excellent practice by organisations, groups or teams in social work, social care or early years and childcare.
For 2018, we are looking for initiatives that:
- have had a positive effect on people’s lives
- take equality, diversity and language preference into account when meeting people’s care and support needs
- support staff development
- encourage service improvement by, for example, introducing new models or increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Closing date for entries: 5pm, 9 February 2018
- Notification of shortlisted entries: 23 March 2018
- Judges visits to shortlisted entries: 9 April to 4 May 2018
- Finalists announced: 1 June 2018
- The awards ceremony at City Hall, Cardiff: 13 September 2018.
How to enter
The Accolades are open to any team, group or organisation that provides social work, social care, and early years and childcare in Wales.
We are looking for applications from every area, from the voluntary, private or statutory sectors. Your initiative can be residential or community-based, large or small. You can be working with children or adults. Good practice examples for the Accolades are welcome from any part of the sector.
Sometimes people don’t realise how impressive their work is, so if you know of an initiative that’s eligible, no matter how big or small, please pass this information onto them and encourage them to enter.
You can find more information about the 2018 Accolades, including all the rules of entry, and an entry form.
Please return your completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 9 February 2018.
For 2018, we have an excellent line-up of judges, including representatives from:
- Association of Directors of Social Services Cymru
- British Association of Social Workers Cymru
- Care Forum Wales
- Children in Wales
- Health and Care Research Wales
- National Adoption Service
- National Independent Safeguarding Board
- NHS Confederation
- Wales Council for Voluntary Action
- Welsh Local Government Association
- Workforce, Education and Development Services, NHS Wales
Our 14 board members will also be part of the judging panel.
The awards ceremony
All the finalists will be invited to attend the lunchtime awards ceremony, which will be held at City Hall in Cardiff on Thursday, 13 September 2018.
You will be welcomed by Arwel Ellis Owen OBE, our Chair, and the ceremony will be hosted by BBC presenter and newsreader, Garry Owen.
Throughout the afternoon ceremony, we will showcase and celebrate inspiring examples of best practice from social work, social care, and early years and childcare in Wales.