It has become almost impossible to deliver face-to-face services, the exception being residential settings or in urgent circumstances. Many organisations are turning to digital platforms to continue offering support to children and young people. This can be daunting if this is a new way of working.
The resources below from Promo Cymru, NSPCC and Digital Social Care provide information on the different types of digital platforms that are available, how to use them and how to manage risk.
There is a BBC report examining the safe use of Zoom, a platform for online video-calling, and also guidance from the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) on digital capabilities for social work.
- NSPCC - online saftey for organizations and groups
- Digital Social Care - covid-19 guidance
- Promo Cymru - digital Resources for the third and youth sector in Wales #Covid-19
- Guidance from the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) and BASW for social workers using digital communication during the Covid-19 crisis
- Guidance on managing the safe use of Zoom from the BBC.