This learning resource aims to provide an understanding of how to work using positive and proactive approaches and reduce the use of restrictive practices in social care.
Although it is aimed at social care workers, it is also useful for:
- people who use services and their families
- policy makers
- those in education
- others who work in the community.
The resource focuses on enabling best practice using examples and scenarios. It can be used:
- during supervision and appraisal
- as part of induction
- as training sessions
- to inform policy and protocols
- as part of auditing and quality assurance
- to inform commissioning.