What are fees
When applying for registration you must pay an application fee, each year you will need to pay an annual fee and every three years you will need to pay a renewal fee when you renew your registration.
We will let you know when your fees are due, the amount you need to pay and when to pay on your SCWonline account.
We don’t refund fees:
- if applications are incomplete
- if registration has been refused
- if you decide to leave the Register.
- Social worker (qualified in the UK) - application, annual and renewal fee – £70
- Social workers (qualified outside the UK) - who don’t have a letter of verification will need to pay £350 to get their qualification verified
- Social workers returning to practice - will need to pay an additional £200 and the £70 application fee
- Social care manager - application, annual and renewal fee - £70
- Social care workers - application, annual and renewal fee - £25
- Social work student - application and annual fee - £15.
Fees from April 2021
Some registration fees will increase from April 2021, other fees will stay the same.
- Social worker (qualified in the UK) - application, renewal and annual fee - 2021/22: £80.
- Social worker (qualified outside the UK) - application fee - 2019/22: £350 (and an additional fee of £200 for an aptitude test if requested by the applicant)
- Social care manager - application, renewal and annual fee - 2021/22: £80
- Social care worker - application, renewal and annual fees - 2021/22: £30.
How to pay
Direct Debit is the easiest and safest way to pay your fees and can be set up on your SCWonline account.
If you change your bank account, you’ll need to set up a transfer instruction with your bank or a new Direct Debit with us.
Direct Debits are covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee. Once the Direct Debit is setup on your account we can request annual and renewal fees directly from your bank. If you leave the Register the Direct Debit will automatically be closed.
Credit or debit card
You can pay by credit or debit card on your SCWonline account.
Claiming back tax
If you pay UK tax, you can claim tax relief if you have to pay for registration fees or other things that you need to buy for your work, such as uniforms and travel costs for the last four years.
Paying without a UK bank account
You can transfer money directly from your account outside the UK using the SWIFT system.
Your bank will need the following:
- IBAN number: IBANGB61BARC20182740923893
- Bank identity code: BARCGB22
Make sure your bank uses your full name and date of birth as the reference with the payment. This will help us see who’s made the payment.
Any bank charges for making a SWIFT payment must be paid by you.
Your bank may charge you SWIFT costs. Makes sure this charge is covered and not deducted from your registration fee.