If you need to be registered and have met our requirements (for example, provided evidence you’re intending to practise in Wales), you need two endorsers.
The first person needs to be one of the following:
- your most recent social care employer, if you were employed in the last three years
- the signatory for your social work or social care course, if you completed the course in the last three years
- someone senior from a social care employer
- the chair of the board or governing body for the organisation you manage
- an owner or manager of a social care business who is registered with us and knows your work.
The second person must be from your current employer outside social care, your employment agency or a professional person who has known you for at least two years. This person needs to be able to vouch for your good character and suitability to register. This could be:
- a registered social care professional
- a magistrate
- a doctor
- a solicitor
- a headteacher.
If this professional person is not a signatory, they can’t endorse you on our SCWonline system.
But they can provide a character reference to go alongside the endorsement provided by the first person you chose to endorse you.
In the reference, they’ll need to include:
- their home address
- email address
- telephone number
- an explanation of how they know you.