Although it is aimed at social care workers, it is also useful for:
- people who use services and their families
- policy makers
- those in education
- others who work in the community.
The resource focuses on enabling best practice using examples and scenarios. It can be used:
- during supervision and appraisal
- as part of induction
- as training sessions
- to inform policy and protocols
- as part of auditing and quality assurance
- to inform commissioning.
The resource has been developed in partnership with the social care sector.
It’s structured around the values and principles of the Social Services and Well-Being (Wales) Act.
It should be read alongside the Code of Professional Practice for Social Care.