The difference technology can make
This training resource increases awareness and knowledge of the difference assistive technology can make. It hopes to engage and excite workers about the opportunities technology can offer.
Supporting people to maintain their wellbeing and independence is central to the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014.
Preventative approaches include:
- giving effective information, advice and assistance
- connecting people to their communities
- focusing on people’s strengths and capacity.
Technology can support this in practical ways.
Training courses available
Because of differences in local services, the courses should be delivered by facilitators. The training has two half-day courses:
- one on awareness, overview of assistive technology and telecare
- one covering assessment in more detail.
Each course can be run separately or together.
The materials can also be used to support a team discussion, in supervision or as part of another training course.
Cards to support training exercise
These cards help to reflect on what’s been learned.
Technology to Care
Technology to Care builds on previous work to support learning and development including
- workforce learning strategy and implementation plan
- knowledge and skills sets
- planning and mapping tools
- film clips of workers, employers and individuals who use services sharing their views.