The ‘employer offer’ is a wide range of services, support and resources we’ve created and pulled together for employers to help you in your role.
The employer offer
Here you'll find links to resources which can help support you in your role.
We'll update this list as new things become available.
Regulation - Helping you provide professional and safe care and support
- Access to a Register of professional workers in social care
- Registration guidance resources and videos
- Codes of practice and guidance for those working in social care
- SCWonline portal to manage registrations
- Processes for reporting and dealing with concerns through a fitness to practise process
- One-stop-shop for a range of resources about Wales’s social care legislation.
Supporting your workforce - Helping you recruit new people, retain and support them
- WeCare Wales campaign, a jobs portal and guaranteed interview scheme to support recruitment and retention in the sector
- A care worker card for anyone who is employed in a care role in Wales, to recognise those working in the sector and provide access to various benefits
- Support for registered people, victims and witnesses involved in fitness to practice investigations and hearings
- Workforce well-being information and resources, including Canopi
- Information on qualifications, bursaries, apprenticeships and funding.
Improving services - Access to resources, data and information to improve practice
- Opportunities to engage with us and help shape our work
- Resources to support learning and understanding of subjects like dementia, early years and childcare, personal outcomes and safeguarding
- Opportunities to attend events, training and conferences
- Access to information on our approach and plans for research, data and innovation across social care
- Resources to help you use Welsh at work
- A Wales Social Care Data Portal to help build a picture of social care and support across Wales
- Access to the NHS Wales e-Library for registered social workers and a range of registered social care managers
- A range of online learning modules
The Employer Offer posterPDF 146KB
Other ways we support employers
Employer support team
As the employer support team we aim to:
- work with employers to hear from you about what's happening in the sector. We share this intelligence with the rest of our organisation to help shape our work
- share what's available to employers to support you and the workforce
- help employers to understand your regulatory responsibilities and make this as straightforward and efficient as possible.
This work is currently in a pilot phase until 2025 with a focus on adult care home employers and domiciliary care employers due to the increase in registered staff in these areas since 2020. However, any resources produced will be on our website and available to all employers.
Online information sessions
We have online information sessions available for employers and management teams.
We'll give you more information and talk you through things like:
- the employer support service
- the fitness to practice process
- the employer offer
If you would like a bespoke session, tailored to your team or event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org