First steps in management is a helpful resource for new social care managers starting their leadership and management career in the social care sector.
The focus of this resource is about leading and managing a social care service and supporting new social care managers to:
- settle into their new management role
- think about their responsibilities as a leader and manager of a social care service
- understand their role and responsibilities when leading and managing a team
- know what support they can expect from their employer
- know how they can strengthen and develop their skills and knowledge in line with what is expected of them in the Code of Professional Practice, and their post-registration training and learning needs.
The resource also includes a wide range of useful links to leadership and management resources that can help support new social care managers.