Removal by agreement
Removal by Agreement means that through this process, a registered person can apply to be removed from the Register without being referred to a Panel.
A registered person can apply for this at any stage in the fitness to practise process.
Applying for removal by agreement does not mean that a registered person has the right to be removed, but it enables Social Care Wales to agree to removal in an appropriate case.
STATEMENT OF AGREED FACTS
1. Sarah Constance Cornish ('Ms Cornish') registered with Social Care Wales (SCW) as an Adult Care Home Worker on 07 January 2021.
2. From 4 January 2019, Ms Cornish was employed at Priory Care Home by Adriana Ltd as a Deputy Manager. Her role primarily involved a mix of caring and managerial duties.
3. On 16 November 2022, Social Care Wales received a referral from Scott McHattie, General Manager of Adriana Ltd.
4. The referral stated that Ms. Cornish had been identified as having committed fraud on five occasions by using the employer's credit card without consent to fuel her personal vehicle.
5 Ms. Cornish was dismissed by her employer formally in writing on 18 December 2022, following a disciplinary meeting on 15 December 2022. The disciplinary letter stated that the reason for dismissal was "You have admitted to stealing from the company ".
6. The following allegation is made by SCW:
7. That, whilst registered with SCW as a Domiciliary Care Worker:
(1) 'Between 03/09/2022 and 19/10/2022 at Overmonnow Garage, Monmouth, committed fraud in that you dishonestly made a false representation, namely tendered a business credit card to pay for your own personal fuel intending to make a gain, namely for yourself
9. Ms. Cornish made full admissions to the fraud.
11. Ms. Cornish confirms her agreement to the facts set out in this statement.
12. Ms. Cornish formally applied for removal by agreement on 13 March 2023 and this was agreed by SCW on 14 March 2023.
13. Ms. Cornish confirms that it is not her intention to work in the future in any capacity which would require her to be registered by SCW and that she wishes her name to be removed from SCW's register by agreement under Rule 9 of the Social Care Wales (Investigation) Rules 2022. This statement of agreed facts has been prepared for that purpose.
14. If, contrary to her expressed intention, Ms. Cornish should make an application for registration with SCW at a future date, in relation to any category of registration, she acknowledges that SCW will have regard to the contents of this statement of agreed facts when considering such an application.