Voting is now open to choose a winner for the 2023 Caring in Welsh Award.
The award recognises and celebrates paid care workers in social care, childcare, play and early years who provide excellent care through the medium of Welsh.
Five workers from across the sectors have been chosen by an expert panel of judges as finalists for this year’s award. The five finalists are:
- Ffion Hughes, a social worker at Young Lives vs Cancer in Cardiff
- Jenny Thomas, a support worker at Tyddyn Môn, a charity that supports adults with learning disabilities in Anglesey
- Menna Evans, a support worker at Min y Môr Residential Care Home in Ceredigion
- Nikki Taylor, a pre-school practitioner at Rydal Penrhos Pre-school in Conwy
- Ross Dingle, manager and play leader at Clwb Carco Limited in Cardiff.
We’re now inviting members of the public to vote for the person they think should be crowned the 2023 Caring in Welsh award winner.
Voting is open until 5pm on 31 July 2023 and the winner will be announced at a celebratory event at the National Eisteddfod in Boduan on 10 August 2023.
Sue Evans, our Chief Executive, said: “We are pleased to announce the five finalists for the 2023 Caring in Welsh award.
“Congratulations to all the finalists and thank you to all those who nominated a care worker.
“We received a high standard of entries and our five finalists show the breadth of the excellent care that's being provided through the medium of Welsh across Wales.
“I’d like to encourage everyone to show your support for the Caring in Welsh award and our five excellent finalists by voting for the care worker you think should be named the winner.”