Explains what organisations and practitioners are each responsible for.
- are responsible for making sure their practitioners are competent to always carry out their safeguarding roles
- may have their own training, learning and development frameworks or strategies for practitioners to follow
- are responsible for measuring the quality of training, learning and development opportunities provided and making changes if they need to.
- are responsible for recording their own learning and development
- need to share evidence of their learning and development with their employer, manager and professional body when required
- who are registered with a professional body need to meet the continuing professional development (CPD) requirements specified for them.
They’ll also work to any Code of Professional Practice and Conduct.